EMOTIONAL LABOR DITINJAU DARI KEPRIBADIAN BIG FIVE PADA PERAWAT DI RUMAH SAKIT UMUM SARI MUTIARA MEDAN

Nurjannah Hasibuan(1*), Sri Hartini(2), Rina Mirza(3),

(1) UNIVERSITAS PRIMA INDONESIA
(2) Fakultas Psikologi, Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan, Indonesia
(3) Fakultas Psikologi, Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan, Indonesia
(*) Corresponding Author




DOI: https://doi.org/10.26858/talenta.v4i2.7694

Abstract


This study aims to find out relationship between dimension big five personality with emotional labor. The research sample was all nurses working at Sari Mutiara Medan General Hospital, which amounted to 115 people, with a total sampling method.The data were collected via emotional labor scale with 48 item and big five personality scale (BFI) with 44 item. The results showed that there was a significant relationship between big five personality with emotional labor. Openness to experience were positively related to emotional labor with correlate coefficient 0.268 and sig. 0.003 (p<0.05), the other dimensions have negative relationships, including extraversion dimensions with correlate coefficient 0.052 and sig. 0.562 (p<0.005), agreeableness with correlate coefficient -0.129 and sig. 0.150 (p<0.05), conscientiousness with correlate coefficient 0.082 and sig. 0.363 (p<0.05) and neuroticism with correlate coefficient -0.104 and sig. 0.245 (p<0.05) were negatively related to emotional labor. The results also showed that the contribution of a given big five personality on emotional labor was 9 percent, while the remaining 91 percent was affected by other factors not examined. From the results, it can be concluded that the hypothesis stating that there is a significance relationship between big five personality and emotional labor.


Keywords


Emotional Labor, Big Five Personality

Full Text:

PDF

References


Adisasmito, W. (2007). Sistem Kesehatan. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo.

Akanni, A. A. & Adeniji, O. G. (2016). Personality Traits and Emotional Labour of Nurses in Osun State. The Journal of Art and Social Sciences.

Brotheridge, C. M. & Lee, R. T. (2003). Development and validation of the emotional labour scale. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 76(3), 365-379.

Ehigie, B., Oguntuase, R., Ibode, F & Ehigie R. (2012). Personality factors and emotional intelligence as

predictors of frontline hotel employees’ emotional

labour. Journal of Management and Business Studies (ISSN: 2315-5086) Vol. 1(9) pp. 327-338.

Gunarsa, S & Gunarsa, S. (2008). Psikologi Perawatan. Jakarta: Gunung Mulia

Kusnanto. (2003). Pengantar Profesi dan Praktik Keperawatan Profesional. Jakarta: EGC.

Mangkunegara, A. (2000). Sumber Daya Manusia Perusahaan. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.

Mroz, J & Kaleta, K. (2015). Relationship Between Personality, Emotional Labor, Work Engagement and Job Stisfaction in Service Professions. International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health 2016;29(5):767–782.

Pervin, L. A., Cervone, D., & John, O.P. (2010). Psikologi Kepribadian: Teori dan Penelitian, edisi kesembilan. Jakarta: Kencana.

Priyoto. (2015). Nursing Intervention Classification Dalam Keperawatan Gerontik. Jakarta: Salemba Medika

Ramdhani, N. (2012). “Adaptasi Bahasa dan Budaya Inventori Big Five.”

Jurnal Psikologi 39 (2): 189-207.

Robbins, S & Judge, T. (2008). Perilaku Organisasi, Edisi Duabelas. Jakarta: Salemba Empat

Siagian, S. (2010). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara

Siswanto. (2007). Kesehatan Mental: Konsep, Cakupan, dan Perkembangannya. Yogyakarta: C.V Andi Offset


Article Metrics

Abstract view : 122 times | PDF view : 59 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2019 Nurjannah Hasibuan

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Published By:

Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Negeri Makassar

Gedung BM Lantai 2 Kampus Gunungsari Baru,

Jalan A.P. Pettarani, Makassar 90222.

Email: [email protected]

p-ISSN : 2460-8750

e-ISSN : 2615-1731

View My Stats