The Effect of Room Price on Occupancy at Kenari Hotel

Wayan Suardana(1*), Aris Baharuddin(2), Muhadjir Suni(3),

(1) Politeknik Pariwisata Makassar
(2) Universitas Negeri Makassar
(3) Politeknik Pariwisata Makassar
(*) Corresponding Author




DOI: https://doi.org/10.26858/ja.v8i1.24534

Abstract


Kenari Hotel at Parepare Regency needs to carry out a strategy in the quality of service, service, and hotel room sales rates. This study aims to determine the Effect of Room Prices on Occupancy at Kenari Hotel at Parepare Regency. The type of research used in this research is quantitative research. Based on the results of the study regarding the independent variable or free variable room prices and the dependent variable that is the occupancy rate. A coefficient of 34% and the remaining 66% is needed by other factors namely, service quality, customer satisfaction, promotions and so on that are not by this study. meaning that each increase in room price variable (x) by one percent will increase room occupancy at Kenari Hotel at Parepare Regency amounting to 0.238. Meanwhile, determining a coefficient of 34% and the remaining 66% is needed by other factors. Meaning that each increase in room price variable (x) by one percent will increase room occupancy at Kenari Hotel at Parepare Regency amounting to 0.238. This research can be used as a reference in developing the level of tourism in Indonesia, especially in the hotel sector.


Keywords


Price, occupancy, room rate rental.

Full Text:

PDF

References


Aulya, Rifka, Lely Indah Mindarti, and Fadillah Amin. 2016. “Strengthening local economy through community-based tourism in governance perspectivE (Study at Sidomulyo Tourism Village, Batu City).” Jurnal Ad’ministrare: Jurnal Pemikiran Ilmiah Dan Pendidikan Administrasi Perkantoran 3(2):11–30.

Baharuddin, Aris, Maya Kasmita, and Rudi Salam. 2017. “Analisis Kepuasan Wisatawan Terhadap Daya Tarik Wisata Malioboro Kota Yogyakarta.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare 3(2):107–12.

Hasyim, Djamil, Amiruddin Gunawan, Moh Sudi, Delly Mustafa, and Rijal Rijal. 2020. “The Government’s Role in the Development of Yendi Beach Tourism Destinations in Biak Numfor Regency.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare 6(2):186–89.

Kadji, Jurisman. 2015. “Optimalisasi Tata Kelola Sektor Pariwisata Di Kabupaten Gorontalo.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare: Jurnal Pemikiran Ilmiah Dan Pendidikan Administrasi Perkantoran 2(1):1–15.

McGuffie, J. 1994. “Accomodation: CRS Development in the Hotel Sector.” EIU Travel & Tourism Analyst.

Muhtasom, Ali and Ahmad Ab. 2019. “Kahayya Village as a Priority Destination for Rural Tourism Development Policy in Bulukumba Regency.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare 6(1):1–8.

Novicadisa, Selly and Sjamsiar Sjamsuddin. 2016. “Implementasi Kebijakan Pemungutan Pajak Hotel Kategori Rumah Kos Di Kota Malang.” Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu Administrasi Publik: Jurnal Pemikiran Dan Penelitian Administrasi Publik 6(1):69–76.

Nur, Andi Cudai, Haedar Akib, Risma Niswaty, Aslinda Aslinda, and Henny Zaenal. 2019. “Development Partnership Strategy Tourism Destinations Integrated and Infrastructure in South Sulawesi Indonesia.” Available at SSRN 3497230.

Said, Farid, Haedar Akib, Rudi Salam, and Aris Baharuddin. 2017. “An Analysis of Tourism Visit Trend.” in 2nd International Conference on Education, Science, and Technology (ICEST 2017). Atlantis Press.

Suardana, Wayan, Muhadjir Suni, and Masri Ridwan. 2020. “The Influence of Room Prices and Promotion Costs on Hotel Room Occupancy Rates in Palopo City, South Sulawesi.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare 6(2):123–30.

Sudana, I. Putu. 2013. “Analisis Pariwisata.” Strategi Pengembangan Desa Wisata Ekologis Di Desa Belimbing, Kecamatan Pupuan Kabupaten Tabanan.

Sugiyono. 2012. “Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif Dan R & D.Bandung:Alfabeta.” Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif Dan R & D.Bandung:Alfabeta.

Sugiyono. 2013. “Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitaif, Kualitatif, Https://Doi.Org/10.1.” Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitaif, Kualitatif, Dan R&D.

Sulastiyono. 2008. Manajemen Penyelenggaraan Hotel. Jakarta: Alfabeta.

Tinri, M. Darwis Nur. 2018. “Hotels and Restaurant Tax Revenues Management.”

Undang-Undang Nomor 10 Tahun 2009 tentang Kepariwisataan. 2009. “Undang-Undang Nomor 10 Tahun 2009 Tentang Kepariwisataan.”

Winarto, Sulham and Risma Niswaty. 2015. “Strategi Pengembangan Daya Tarik Wisata Balla Lompoa Di Kabupaten Gowa Provinsi Sulawasi Selatan.” Jurnal Ad’ministrare: Jurnal Pemikiran Ilmiah Dan Pendidikan Administrasi Perkantoran 2(2):94–100.

Winowatan, Wim Johannes. 2019. “Persepsi Stakeholder Terhadap Kurikulum Berbasis Kompetensi Politeknik Pariwisata Makassar (Studi Pada Industri Perhotelan Kota Makassar).” Jurnal Ad’ministrare 5(2):123–28.

World Travel and Tourism Council. 2019. “Travel and Tourism: World Economic Impact 2019.” Current Issues in Tourism.


Article Metrics

Abstract view : 201 times | PDF view : 50 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2021 Wayan Suardana, Aris Baharuddin, Muhadjir Suni

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.