The Influence of Work Motivation and Discipline on Teacher Performance at the Pustek Serpong Vocational School in South Tangerang

Muhammad Ramdhan(1*),

(1) Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi Ganesha Jakarta, Indonesia
(*) Corresponding Author



This study aims to determine the effect of motivation and work discipline, either partially or simultaneously on teacher performance at Pustek Pustek Serpong, South Tangerang. In this study, the sampling technique used a saturated sample, which amounted to 60 respondents. The data analysis methods used are Validity Test, Reliability Test, Heteroscedasticity Test, Multicollinearity Test, Autocorrelation Test, Normality Test, Correlation Coefficient, Coefficient of Determination, Multiple Linear Regression, Partial significant test (t test) and simultaneous significant test (F test). The results of the study indicate that motivation and work discipline have a positive and significant effect on teacher performance with a contribution of 56.1% influence while the remaining 43.9% is influenced by other factors not examined in this study. From the results of the hypothesis test, it shows that the Fcount value of 36.423 is greater than Ftable of 3.16 with a significant level of 0.000 less than 0.05. So it can be concluded that simultaneously motivation and discipline have a significant and significant effect on teacher performance.


Motivation; Discipline; Teacher Performance

Full Text:



Akib, H., Rifdan, & Guntur, M. (2015). Quality improvement strategies of academic services and student affairs at the Graduate Program State University of Makassar, Indonesia. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 13(4).

Cahaya, A., Akib, H., Said, F., Mustari, & Yahyaddin, M. (2019). Snapshot of the socio-economic life of fishermen community based on social entrepreneurship in Bone Regency, Indonesia. Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal, 25(1).

Farida, U., Akib, H., & Jasruddin. (2015). Policy implementation of the national program for community empowerment in rural areas healthy and intelligent generation in Mamuju regency of West Sulawesi, Indonesia. International Journal of Economic Research, 12(5).

Niswaty, R., Manno, J., & Akib, H. (2015). An analysis of the public service performance based on human development index in makassar city, Indonesia. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research (IJABER), 13(6), 4421–4429.

Papilaya, J., Soisa, T. R., & Akib, H. (2015). The influence of implementing the strategic policy in creating business climate, business environment and providing support facilities towards business empowerment on small medium craft enterprises in Ambon Indonesia. International Review of Management and Marketing, 5(2).

Sari, M. M. E. (2017). The role of learning management of Islamic boarding school (Pesantren) in improvement of their students religious tolerance in West Java-Indonesia. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, 19(1), 24.

Sobarna, A., Hambali, S., Sutiswo, S., & Sunarsi, D. (2020). The influence learning used ABC run exercise on the sprint capabilities. Jurnal Konseling dan Pendidikan, 8(2), 67–71.

Sunarsi, D., & Erlangga, A. (2020). The Effect of Leadership Style and Work Environment on the Performance of Stationary Pump Operators in the Water Resources Office of West Jakarta City Administration. International Journal of Advances in Social and Economics, 2(3).

Syam, A., Hasbiah, S., Yunus, M., & Akib, H. (2018). Determinants of entrepreneurship motivation for students at educational institution and education personnel in Indonesia. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 21(2).

Syam, H., Akib, H., Patonangi, A. A., & Guntur, M. (2018). Principal entrepreneurship competence based on creativity and innovation in the context of learning organizations in Indonesia. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 21(Special Issue).

Yuangga, K. D., Jasmani, J., & Sunarsi, D. (2017). The Influence of Technology Determinism and Technology Literacy on Student Learning Outcomes (On MA Daarul Hikmah Pamulang). PINISI Discretion Review, 1(1), 23–30.

Zainal, H., Parinsi, W. K., Hasan, M., Said, F., & Akib, H. (2018). The influence of strategic assets and market orientation to the performance of family business in Makassar City, Indonesia. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 17(6).

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 87 times | PDF view : 43 times


  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2022 Muhammad Ramdhan

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.