The Influence of Work Conflict and Work Stress on Employee Performance at PT. Panin Dai-Ichi Life

Hamsinah Hamsinah(1*),

(1) Universitas Pamulang, Tangerang Selatan, Banten, Indonesia
(*) Corresponding Author



The high demand for performance or performance target standards determined by the company, makes employees will try and be motivated to achieve the performance targets set by the company. Sometimes in the process, it creates a separate conflict for employees. The type of research conducted in this research is associative research where this research has the highest level compared to descriptive and comparative research because this research can be theory which also works to explain, predict, and control a symptom that occurs. The result is known that Fcount 5.546 > Ftable 3.904 or Sig value 0.000 <0.05, then Ho is rejected and Ha is accepted, so it can be concluded that work conflict (X1) and work stress (X2) have a simultaneous effect on job satisfaction (Y). Meanwhile, the contribution of Work Conflict (X1) and Job Stress (X2) to Job Satisfaction (Y) is 5.7% and the remaining 94.3% is influenced by other factors.


Work Conflict; Work Stress; Employee Performance

Full Text:



Creswell, J. W. (2010). Mapping the developing landscape of mixed methods research. SAGE handbook of mixed methods in social & behavioral research, 2, 45–68.

Creswell, J. W., & Clark, V. L. P. (2017). Designing and conducting mixed methods research. Sage publications.

Creswell, J. W., & Creswell, J. D. (2017). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Sage publications.

Daraba, D., Wirawan, H., Salam, R., & Faisal, M. (2021). Working from home during the corona pandemic: Investigating the role of authentic leadership, psychological capital, and gender on employee performance. Cogent Business & Management, 8(1), 1885573.

David-West, O., Iheanachor, N., & Kelikume, I. (2018). A resource-based view of digital financial services (DFS): An exploratory study of Nigerian providers. Journal of Business Research, 88, 513–526.

Gassing, H., Akib, H., Makkulau, A., & Kahar, F. (2015). Human Resources Development Based On The Quality Of Working Life In The Department Of Regional Employment, Education And Training, Jeneponto Regency. International Journal of Academic Research, 7.

Ismail, A., Sulur, A. H., Akib, H., & Salam, R. (2016). Snapshot of Society Social-Economic Welfare based on Human Development Index in Polewali Mandar Regency, Indonesia. International Conference on Public Organization VI (ICONPO VI), 847–858.

Jackson, S. E., Renwick, D. W. S., Jabbour, C. J. C., & Muller-Camen, M. (2011). State-of-the-art and future directions for green human resource management: Introduction to the special issue. German Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(2), 99–116.

John W Creswell. (2013). Research Design Pendekatan Kualitatif, Kuantitatif, dan Mixed (Tiga). Pustaka Pelajar.

Kramar, R. (2014). Beyond strategic human resource management: is sustainable human resource management the next approach? International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(8), 1069–1089.

Niswaty, R., Manno, J., & Akib, H. (2015). An analysis of the public service performance based on human development index in makassar city, Indonesia. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research (IJABER), 13(6), 4421–4429.

Russell, Z. A., Ferris, G. R., Thompson, K. W., & Sikora, D. M. (2016). Overqualified human resources, career development experiences, and work outcomes: Leveraging an underutilized resource with political skill. Human Resource Management Review, 26(2), 125–135.

Said, F., Salam, R., Akib, H., & Baharuddin, A. (2017). An Analysis of Tourism Visit Trend. 149(Icest), 34–36.

Southalan, J. (2011). What are the implications of human rights for minerals taxation? Resources Policy, 36(3), 214–226.

Sunarsi, D. (2018). Seminar Perencanaan Sumber Daya Manusia. ISBN - 978.602.70082.1.7.

Sunarsi, D. (2019). Seminar Sumber Daya Manusia. Unpam Press.

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 62 times | PDF view : 17 times


  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2020 Hamsinah Hamsinah